Ms. Colacicco’s Classroom Expectations:
- When entering the classroom:
- Walk to your assigned seat.
- Copy your learning target into your agenda.
- Begin working on your warm-up.
- Throwing trash away:
- Raise your hand and ask for permission.
- Walk to the trashcan.
- Gently place trash in the trashcan.
- Food or Drink:
- You may drink water during class.
- You have an opportunity to go to your locker in the morning before coming to homeroom.
- If you arrive late, you must wait until after announcements to go to your locker.
- Once you are done at your locker, sit down at your desk, read silently, work on something academic, and wait for announcements.
- If you go to breakfast in the morning, please go before coming to homeroom.
- Speaking during class:
- If you would like to speak during class, please raise your hand and I will gladly call on you!
- Please refrain from calling out. (Ms. Colacicco’s definition of TALKING (verb): your mouth is moving and there is any kind of sound coming out. This includes: talking to yourself, talking to somebody else, whispering, singing, or making sound effects.)
- At the end of the class period:
- Clean up the area around your desk, put away all supplies.
- Throw away any trash.
- Sit quietly, until I dismiss you by row.
- There are scheduled times to use the bathroom during the day.
- If you are leaving the classroom at any time, please sign out in the hall pass log and take a blue or yellow hall pass.
- I love rewarding students for following directions!
- If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, expect a reward!
- Often, I will email parents/guardians to brag about your behavior.
Three Basic Rules for an amazing year:
- Follow the directions the first time given
- Raise your hand and wait for permission
- Show respect for your peers, all adults, and yourself
*See student agenda for ECMS P.B.I.S